The DoD CTIP Micro-Training on Trafficking
The DoD’s CTIP Program Office now offers specialized online training on human trafficking for DHA Healthcare providers.
CTIP for DHA Healthcare Workers is a handy and accessible micro-training product covering topics such as:
- physical and mental health issues of trafficking victims and survivors
- signs and indicators of human trafficking in a DoD hospital or healthcare setting
- barriers that victims face when seeking healthcare
- biases that can hinder a healthcare provider's effective assistance of human trafficking victims
- best practices for healthcare providers to identify and treat trafficking victims (for example, trauma-informed care)
- multidisciplinary health teams and best practices to meet the needs of victims and survivors using best practice methods
- mandatory reporting and working with social workers and law enforcement
- new ICD-10 diagnostic codes for sex and labor trafficking
- electronic medical records in human trafficking cases
Select this link for more information.
CTIP for DHA Healthcare Workers